Monday, March 5, 2012

Baking Cookies and Fighting Cancer

Happy Monday!  And if you're new here, welcome!  It's so nice having you!

Yesterday morning I made my grandmother's Chewy Oatmeal Cookies, and smiled as I read her recipe.  She emailed it to me about a year before she passed away, and as always talked about praying for me and my husband.


She was such a fun and loving Gramma, and I miss her dearly.  I think she'd have wanted to know all about the bake sale I'm cooking for.  Heck, she probably would have sent me six dozen more cookies herself!

This particular bake sale is benefiting the Queen City's Mom Prom.  Have you heard of it?  It is a night out for us moms, and the proceeds go to the charity Cookies for Kids Cancer.  So, basically, you get to dress up, have a drink and yummy snacks, get an amazing goody bag, AND help a worthy cause.  Awesome.

The Queen City's Mom Prom     


It's happening on April 27th, and tickets are on sale now!  Just click here, and I will see ya there!

If you don't live near Charlotte, here's something else you can do.  Watch this video starring my son's sweet friend Eli (I apologize in advance for ruining your mascara):


and then give.  Give at whatever level you can, but please consider doing something, however small.  Children's cancer can be beaten, with adequate funding for research and treatments.  It starts with us.  To help fund research and defeat pediatric cancer, just click here.

And...thank you.  I don't post this kind of stuff much, but I wanted to share both of these opportunities to make a difference.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Your comment makes my day!